It might be too early to buy clothes for baby but after calculating all the baby’s needs I have to admit, it’s never too early to buy clothe or anything for the baby. There will be a Mid Year Mega Sale soon and it will be the best time to purchase baby products such as clothes, feeding bottles, bathing, sleeping essentials etc.
Baby’s clothe seems to be more expensive than adult. Hubby said because it’s tiny and difficult to sew than a grown up clothes. Yeah, I get the point. Even the diapers price choked me!
Baby cot packaged with mattress and pillows cost around RM1200. It’s very reasonable as it can accommodate a child up to the age of 3.
Let’s see, a single baby uses between 6-10 diapers per day? A disposable cost around RM0.50 – RM0.60 each and that is RM3 – RM 6 per day, RM1095 - RM2190 per year! (And that’s just for a single baby what about twins? That’s a deep hole on my pocket indeed!) If using terry napkins it will be cheaper. These days comes the cloth diapers, as I see it, it has made life much easier (of course I have not tried it …baby not out yet). Will buy it when the time comes, but for now it’s the clothes, feeding, bathing and sleeping essentials etc. You might be wondering what colour I’ll buy…it will be neutral colour. Look at the bright side, if you have a boy and a girl next. You don’t have to purchase twice. Except for the-bring-home baby out fit, right?
I might be paranoid but who knows the price will go up and I don’t have the time to shop later on anyway. That’s not all, I even calculated on the baby’s future education since the tuition fees seems to be hiking up every year and worse if planning to study university abroad. Now, it is all about baby and not about me anymore (well it was never about me…I helped others as well leaving me financially “deprived” at the moment).
Baby’s clothe seems to be more expensive than adult. Hubby said because it’s tiny and difficult to sew than a grown up clothes. Yeah, I get the point. Even the diapers price choked me!
Baby cot packaged with mattress and pillows cost around RM1200. It’s very reasonable as it can accommodate a child up to the age of 3.
Let’s see, a single baby uses between 6-10 diapers per day? A disposable cost around RM0.50 – RM0.60 each and that is RM3 – RM 6 per day, RM1095 - RM2190 per year! (And that’s just for a single baby what about twins? That’s a deep hole on my pocket indeed!) If using terry napkins it will be cheaper. These days comes the cloth diapers, as I see it, it has made life much easier (of course I have not tried it …baby not out yet). Will buy it when the time comes, but for now it’s the clothes, feeding, bathing and sleeping essentials etc. You might be wondering what colour I’ll buy…it will be neutral colour. Look at the bright side, if you have a boy and a girl next. You don’t have to purchase twice. Except for the-bring-home baby out fit, right?
I might be paranoid but who knows the price will go up and I don’t have the time to shop later on anyway. That’s not all, I even calculated on the baby’s future education since the tuition fees seems to be hiking up every year and worse if planning to study university abroad. Now, it is all about baby and not about me anymore (well it was never about me…I helped others as well leaving me financially “deprived” at the moment).
5 comments:
Hey Lynn, congrats on the baby :) And yes, it is better to start your shopping early esp when sales is on. As like you said, you wouldn't know if you have enough time to shop next time and perhaps the price may not be as cheap during sales - I shopped early for my bb too esp during sales ;p
Hi Aunty J,
Thanks for dropping by. I choked on the price for the baby's clothes before there was sale. I'm glad there are sales going on now. And my brother just bought me almost a dozen of baby clothes from Mothercare store. He said the material is super soft.
Wow...cant imagine Edson went baby clothing shopping@!! hahaha...BTW, I have my own online shop for bb and little kids too...drop by when you're free at http://lilpeopleboutique.blogspot.com :)
Aunty J, Edson is not my brother. I've checked your Lil Peolpe Boutique's e-store, but mostly its for big babies. Maybe I'll get some in the future. Thanks for the info though.
Aunty J, this is Lynn Marsha, my cousin that I have never met irl before.. Not Lynn Danggai :) Btw, I always browse ur e-store too.. heheh..
Lynn, I love mothercare products too.. esp the PJs.. Great to keep the babies warm at night. Grab whatever u can when there's sales.. I didnt buy much for 6months old & below becoz they grow like lalang.. very quick. I bought the more 'canggih' one for 6mo and above... And Cloth Diapers have made my lovey-duey baby bonding even more.. (I pemalas bah, kalau disposable, malas mo tukar until he berak.. hahahaha)
Post a Comment